From January 8 through March 27, 2021 Farnsworth House will offer docent-led guided tours on Fridays and Saturdays at 11:00am and 1:00pm.
Tickets are required and can be purchased online or by phone when staff is available. The only legal access to the property is through one of the tour options. All visitors must check-in at Visitor Center to receive a wristband. All visitors are required to wear their wristband while on the property.
Reservations are strongly encouraged. We make no guarantee of access without an advance ticket purchase. Please note that all ticket purchases are final. No refunds or exchanges will be issued. We do reserve the right to cancel with 24 hour notice if site is inaccessible and will reschedule your tour.
Please review our Infants and Children Policy.
Please review our Photography Policy.
Winter Tour Cost: $25 (plus $2.50 convenience fee)
- Attire: Please wear weather appropriate attire and comfortable walking shoes which you will be asked to remove for the interior part of the tour. Socks are required for interior access.
- Parking: At the Visitor Center located at Gate 1.
- Departure: Check-in prior to departure is required. Tours begin at their scheduled time, leaving from the Visitor Center on a stroll along the scenic river path.
- Duration: Approximately 90 minutes. The journey includes a mile of walking (see Accessibility tab if this distance is a concern) and will be conducted rain or shine. In case of snowy weather, tours will be shuttled down to the House via passenger van.
- Museum Policy: Visitors are asked to respect the house as a museum and refrain from touching the collections inside the house.
- Photography: Exterior photography is allowed on all tours (no tripods, selfie sticks, stabilizers, or drones). Please review our Photography Policy as it applies to all visitors.
- Personal Items: Backpacks, camera bags, and/or large bags are not allowed on the property. Please leave at home or in your car in the parking lot.
- Pets: Are not permitted on the property.
- Tour Translations: Available on our website and SoundCloud in several languages.