The Lower Terrace Restoration project has begun and will continue through July.
This is a very unique opportunity to come out to see historic preservation work in action.
If you can’t visit please consider helping us reach our financial goal to complete the project. We need your support and every dollar counts!
The Farnsworth House is located approximately 58 miles southwest of Chicago in Plano, Illinois along the Fox River. Due to increased congestion and construction, allow 2 hours drive time from Chicago to accommodate detours and construction traffic.
Walk-ins are not permitted at this time. Ticket sales will close 24 hours in advance of a scheduled tour and we reserve the right to cancel due to low registration. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times. We wish all of our visitors good health and well-being.
- Regular season runs April-November
- Hours: WED – SUN | 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Refer to Tours & Tickets for additional tour information, including date and time availability
- Closed Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Day
- Allow 2 hours drive time from Chicago
- Transportation arrangements should be made in advance
- Backpacks, camera bags, and/or large bags are not allowed inside Farnsworth House or the Barnsworth Gallery
Tickets are required and can be purchased online or by phone at 630.552.0052. The Farnsworth House is located on a 55 acre secured private estate. During most of the year it cannot be seen from the road. The only legal access to the property is through one of the tour options. All visitors must check-in at our Visitor Center to receive a wristband. All visitors are required to wear their wristband while on the property.
Please review our Photography Policy before your visit.
Parking is available at the Visitor Center. Public transportation and other options are also available.