The Farnsworth House is located approximately 58 miles southwest of Chicago in Plano, Illinois along the Fox River. Due to increased congestion and construction, allow 2 hours drive time from Chicago to accommodate detours and construction traffic.
- Regular season runs April-November; see Winter Tours for off-season availability
- Hours: Wednesday – Sunday | 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Tours: Wednesday – Sunday | 10 am, 12 pm, and 2 pm
- Closed Mondays & Tuesdays
- Closed Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving & New Year’s Day
- Refer to Tours & Tickets for additional tour information, including date and time availability
- Allow 2 hours drive time from Chicago
- Transportation arrangements should be made in advance
- Backpacks, camera bags, and/or large bags are not allowed inside Farnsworth House or the Barnsworth Gallery
Tickets are required and can be purchased online or by phone at 630.552.0052. The Farnsworth House is located on a 55 acre secured private estate. During most of the year it cannot be seen from the road. The only legal access to the property is through one of the tour options. Reservations are strongly encouraged. We cannot guarantee a tour without a reservation. No admission after 2:00 pm.
Parking is available at the Visitor’s Center. Public transportation and other options are also available.