Center yourself as you become aware of your own energy, while relaxing and strengthening your body without injury or strain. Tai Chi (Taiji) is an ancient form of meditative exercise, helping one meet day to day challenges by harmonizing mind and body and keeping oneself in tune with the natural order of things.
Join certified ACE Fitness Instructor Kristi Niedzwiecki for this unique experience as you harmonize Taiji with the beauty and tranquility of the Farnsworth House. Much as the design of the house incorporates its surroundings, the philosophy of Tai Chi includes the awareness of environment and encompassing energy. This special program will conclude in time for guests to join the 10 AM tour at a discounted price.
- 2019 Dates: May 18th, September 13th
- Time: 8:30 a.m.
- Cost: $20 (plus $2.50 convenience fee online)
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours, including a mile total walk to and from the house (see Accessibility tab if this distance is a concern).
- Attire: Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Clothing should be appropriate for physical movement in an outdoor setting.
- Other items: Water is permitted, but no glass containers. Bug spray and sunscreen are suggested.