The following are frequently asked questions about renting the Farnsworth House for your special event. For additional information, please call us at 630.552.0052.

How far in advance should I call to book my wedding?

The Farnsworth House requires that wedding ceremonies be booked at least 90 days in advance. Other social events are based on availability of the facility.

Can I have my wedding reception on the Farnsworth House site?

Yes, for intimate wedding parties we can accommodate up to 20 people at the House. If large parties you may rent a tent that we can erect on the property to the East on the House, but not on the formal grounds. The special events coordinator would be happy to assist you with your needs.

Can I hire my own florist or decorator?

Please call the special events coordinator at 630.552.0052 to discuss.

Can rice or balloons be thrown or released my wedding ceremony?

No. The Farnsworth House has a strict conservation policy which prohibits this type of activity because of the potential detriment to the architecture and/or grounds.

Can I hire a band or disc jockey to provide music?

Yes. Please coordinate with the special events coordinator at the Farnsworth House to plan the details.

What kinds of decorations are permitted?

Our conservation policy does not allow decorations on any interior surfaces of the Farnsworth House. Exterior decorations must have prior approval of the special events coordinator.

Will my event be held outdoors?

Yes, all events will be held on the deck, terrace, and/or lawn. Please keep in mind that the Farnsworth House is an outdoor facility and subject to weather conditions. Receptions of more than 20 people will be outdoors. You may rent a tent that we can erect on the property to the East on the House, but not on the formal grounds.

How do I obtain a certificate of insurance?

Please check with your residential insurance agent and submit a copy to the special events coordinator of the Farnsworth House at least 4 weeks prior to your scheduled event.